Well, after trading emails with Col, I think I got the idea of what she was looking for. I rolled out the clay and cut out 2 teddybears sitting, just like a stuffed teddy would. Once they were dried, cleaned and in the kiln firing, I grabbed the faux leather I had found in the abyss of my craft closet. The iconic bomber hat kept coming to mind, so I decided to follow that to see where it would lead.
Our son, Shay, took apart the clock for me so I had many parts to choose from. I have a tin full of buttons, they are remnants from soooooo many projects over the years. Included in the tin, are the buttons my sister gave me from the cleaner she worked at back in high school. I found the buttons added some needed interest with the clock workings. Steven found some hardware also that fit right in too. Now I needed to commit to this idea I had drafted and get painting.
Off to paint, Cyn