This is the very first “caddie” that Steven and I collaborated on. The whole project was an experiment. First of all, to see if the wood and ceramics were compatible for our purposes. Secondly, to see if I could leave room for a fabric liner and last but not least, if I could make the giraffe become what I saw in my head. So far we were more than pleased with the progress.
The pieces are now out of the kiln, shiny and ready for attaching to the box. The box, I decided to make an extension of the giraffe. I painted it with spots also. I left the liner a neutral color, just couldn’t find the right material. This will work for the inagural box.
I had just finished this box, when a friend of our daughter, Maureen, announced she was going to have a baby. Maureen and I went shopping to fill this caddie for the upcoming baby shower.
I found some fabric that I liked a whole lot better too! This experiment was a huge success! The giraffe caddie also fit into the decor for the baby’s room too.
Hmmmm….. now what am I going to do next………….. Cyn