In our backyard, there has been the biggest eye sore ever. It is blue, 5 feet tall, cylindrical, and ugly! It is our well housing. We have talked about doing all sorts of projects to hide it or just plain camouflage it somehow. Until now, it was just talk and the availability of free time to do something about it. Last year was a bust, Steven was taking care of me for the summer, fall, and winter. So, we decided to try again.
There were some details that had to be incorporated though. We had to be able to access the top of the housing for repairs to the well, we also had to be able to access it from 2 sides, again for repair work if needed. Ok, if Steven says that is doable, then it is no problem. Once he could visualize it all finished in his head, work began. I came home from work on Sunday and bam! it was enclosed. I didn’t even get to take a picture of the eye sore! (Steven said once he finishes he’ll open one of the doors so you can see it)
It hasn’t costed us a dime so far, he had all the scrap from various job sites he worked on. This week, he started to side it……
More piles of scrap were disappearing! Don’t get me wrong, I am a collector of so much “scrap” that I know I will use one day too. We are kindred spirits in that regard. It is always so wonderful when we get to see it go to use before it sits too long. Even better is the cost, Free!
Well, so far so good. This may take a while to finish. Will definitely keep you posted…. Cyn